Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Monday, August 02, 2004

ContentXML Content Management Software from Hannon Hill

I came across web content management software - ContentXML Overview - Hannon Hill Content Management Software while reading a Cocoon how-to article, XML Publishing with Cocoon 2, Part 2, tonight.

These screenshots of ContentXML were kind of impressive.

I realized it was possible to build a pretty powerful Content Management System (CMS) with Cocoon - given the fact it already provides XML transformations (via default XSLT plugin Xalan 2 or the Saxon XSLT), XML-DB (via Xindice I believe), security via authentication framework, and support for indexing content via Lucene.

I wonder if Hannon Hill has done this sort of thing and then added on the necessary user interfaces and workflow stuff to ContentXML, or if the product is built with somethin entirely different than Cocoon.

By the way, on the bottom of the first page of the article their tech lead wrote that I mentioned above, there is a very slick example of a nice clean action implementation in Cocoon. They are storing the Principle returned by a custom login method in a session attribute and so forth so they know who the user is from that point on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news