Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

FAA extends Harris weather and radar processor work

FAA extends Harris weather and radar processor work

Hopefully this one does not automatically lock up every 49.7 days as the west coast air traffic control radio system tries to do unless technicians actively intervene to shut it down every month. Wait a minute, they are supposed to shut down the air traffic control system every month - that is how it operates? Uh, how does it operate when it is shut down on purpose as opposed to by a flaw? I mean, it is down either way, right? Seems being down would prevent ground to air communication while the system was shutting down as well as rebooting and starting up again.

Can't Harris afford to buy Linux? I mean it's free and it doesn't have a checkered traffic record with safety systems. Then we can all understand the careful thought and choices that went into its change-over from a Unix-based system to one that suffers from typical MS-Windows lockups.

I mean if MS-Windows crashes on your office desktop, you only lose your documents in the crash. It's not like then there is a real crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news