Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Article Shows How To Write Plugin to Add Regex and XPath Searching Views to Eclipse 3

The article Extending Eclipse with Helpful Views is really great.

I have been wanting to write an Eclipse 3 plugin for some time. I have the user - sorry ISV - manual for Eclipse 3 Platform and JDT, the samples, the interactive tip sheets, and the PDE (Plugin Develpment Environment) itself.

But sometimes I like to see a nice article with a simple and useful example that lays it all out so you can take the whole thing in at one time and focus on the crucial details, without the extra paraphenalia you might need once you get really advanced mixed in. This is one of those good types of articles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news