Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Eclipse and Mac OS X: A Natural Combination

I am really glad Eclipse 3.0 runs on my Macintosh. Eclipse is my favorite Java IDE, the Macintosh - running OS X - is my favorite computer. Someone wrote an article about this combination, Eclipse and Mac OS X: A Natural Combination, a couple of months ago. Eclipse went final a couple of weeks later. Other than that, not much has changed since then. Eclipse got a little faster and better looking on the Mac is all. I'm sure some bug fixing and lots of testing was frantically going on then, though.

There are lots of great plugins for Eclipse that seem to work on the Mac.

One thing that does not seem to have been released for the Mac yet is CDT 2.0, which went final just after Eclipse 3.0 did. I have yet to see the Mac listed on the CDT 2.0 download page.

The author mentions someone who likes the jMechanic Eclipse Profiler Plugin.

The quality of Eclipse 3.0 and the plugins for it, which have been steadily getting updated from Eclipse 2.1 versions over the last couple of months, is just amazing.

They are providing stiff competition for Sun's NetBeans for the position of number one free Java IDE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news