Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Creating SOAP Services with Cocoon

As XML.com: Creating SOAP Services with Cocoon points out, Cocoon makes it simple to create web services and then open them up to SOAP.

Built inside of Cocoon there is the SoapServerImpl class, which implements the http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/axis/SoapServer.html interface.

So it is clear that Cocoon 2.1 has SOAP support built right into it's Java guts and exposes it with a nice XML interface.

SOAP is an XML interface. Cocoon is an XML application server. What conjoining could be more obvious?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news