Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

MPAA: pirated DVDs are "NEW DRUG ON THE STREET"

In an announcement released today the Motion Picture Association of America claims pirated DVDs have become "The New Drug On The Street." Give me a break...

Last time I checked, movies were not a drug at all.



Unless one considers them a "gateway drug" to popcorn.



The conduct and rhetoric of the entertainment industry in 2005 is something that is taking itself to a whole new level of deplorable.



It seems like a backlash against the music and movie industry by consumers in 2006 is all but inevitable.



So anyway, when it comes right down to it - I am sure most Americans would rather have former drug dealers running around with a polycarbonate disc placebo than actual heroin, cocaine, or crystal meth.



Hopefully, they will all get caught and stopped. But in the meantime, the idea of a teenager watching an unauthorized copy of It's a Wonderful Life this Christmas season, instead of spending two hours taking some sort of drug is something we can all be grateful for. If the MPAA wants to take credit for that - well, good for them!



read more | digg story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news