Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

CSS Beauty | CSS Design Showcase

I like CSS a lot. It is not as powerful as XSLT but if you want to do something simple in a hurry, it is great.

I like to prototype appearance changes, and investigate page structures, using the Edit CSS sidebar extension for Firefox.

That said, there is more to doing good web design that just picking good colors and making the borders look good.

This site is a great one for people using CSS for two reasons. One, it has good tutorials about how to do CSS with good examples. Two, the site itself showcases what good CSS can do for a website.

CSS Beauty | CSS Design Showcase

The site is very aptly named.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news