Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) 6 Beta

J6SE (JDK 1.6) beta came out a couple of months ago, back in February.

Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) 6 Beta

Features to make Java run better in the big enterprise or hosted services environments have been added or improved.

Changes to increase developer productivity have been made. It will be easier to debug memory leak problems, do monitoring, and debugging.

End users running desktop applications will gain some look and feel updates to better match their operating system's own look and feel. Performance will be better too.


Based on the release cycles of previous Java releases, I imagine we will see this one out by early 2007, at the latest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news