Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

GAO urges better oversight for air traffic system

GAO urges better oversight for air traffic system

Well, Dell's main spokesperson was arrested for marijuana, they off-shored their technical support to India(November 11, 2004: Dell Opens Another Call Center In India), and personally I had one of the keys fall off new a Dell computer after I had used it for only 6 months.

Over the last 24 years I have used about 9 computers regularly for about 3 or 4 years each. Until this Dell computer, I have never had a key fall off while I was typing.

One consumer labeled Dell technical support a "travesty" just last quarter.

I see amongst the numerous problems he cited with his Dell computer, the keys falling off its keyboard is one of them.

"Dude, you're getting a Dell." Oh, no. Run!!

By contrast, I used PCs in the 1990s and they proved reliable (back then) and used Macs for the last two decades and only one of them required service and only then only one time. The PCs were much harder to do RAM upgrades on but at least they worked, upgrade difficulties aside. The one time I did a RAM upgrade on one of my Macs, it was a breeze.

I can see why Apple is winning the customer satisfaction awards and people who buy stocks are continuously paying more for Apple's stock this year as the company delivers one insanely great product after another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news