Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

I just started using Ranchero Software's MarsEdit application today. MarsEdit lets you post entries to your weblog using a nice Macintosh graphical user interface (is there any other kind?).



It works great with Blogger and a bunch of other weblog sites.



Another really great thing about it is that it works with Ranchero's NetNewsWire 2.0. I have been a NetNewsWire user/customer since back before 1.0 went final. The company's support is great.



Other applications are now showing how easy it is into seamlessly integrate them with NetNewsWire 2.0. Here is an Adium script written by Michael Rowe. It will insert the URL of the current headline in NetNewsWire into your current Adium chat.



Adium is a fantastic instant messaging (IM) chat program for the Macintosh. It has a very fancy, terribly cute - but not annoying - graphical user interface. What really sets Adium apart is that it supports ten different IM services at the moment. The number just keeps climbing.



You can download Adium and try it out, if you want. It is free and personally, I think it is just a great application for Mac OS X.



If you have a Wintel PC, you will have to wait until you get a Mac. I do not think you will ever see it on MS-Windows. That old operating system does not really have the capabilities that are needed for something like Adium. And of course, MS-Windows cannot use NetNewsWire either!



I have to say, I am very grateful for MarsEdit. It made quick, easy work of entering this 'blog journal entry.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news