Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

You have to try this del.icio.us thing on the Internet!

Using the free del.icio.us "social bookmarking" service on the web gets you access to your most essential bookmarks anytime, anywhere.

It is so handy to be able to bookmark pages to your area on the web site, and include a little description and some "tags" - they work like "groups" in iTunes and keywords in Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape and Microsoft Word - so you can find them again quickly, by doing a search. Also, your searches are bookmark-able too!

Try it out. Click its about link in the top right corner area of the page command bar links to get more info on what you can do. Sign up next, so you can get your own bookmarks area.

Note the site publishes an RSS feed too. So you and your friends can keep up with what you are down with.

RSS feeds can be monitored and viewed using lots of programs these days: Safari 2.0 (requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later), Firefox (you must install the Sage extension, or equivalent, to subscribe/view RSS feeds I think), NetNewsWire (yay! a great Macintosh OS X application), etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news