Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Macintosh through Linux eyes | Linux Box Admin

The Macintosh through Linux eyes | Linux Box Admin:
The first thing that struck me was that all the hardware worked (with
one minor exception). Since Apple controls the hardware and operating
system, this was hardly a surprise. As a Linux user, I am used to
spending time to get all my desktop hardware to work. The Mac seemed to
work better with my PC hardware than Windows; without endless,
conflicting drivers and reboots.


This guy really dug his new Mac!


Interesting to hear someone with both Linux and MS-Windows experience react so favorably to the Mac. Especially, all in the same paragraph.


It is true. You just don't hear about Apple's hardware engineers pointing the finger of blame at Apple's software engineers, or vice versa. Unlike the situation you get with some company's computer systems.


Technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news