Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

U.S. Patent office launches new Mac compatible e-filing system

Macworld announced today that the United States Patent Office added support for the Macintosh in its e-filing system.


The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) on Friday launched a new e-filing system that allows patents to be submitted online. Unlike the previous online system, the new PDF-based e-filing system features complete support for Mac OS X.


“The great news for Apple is that USPTO listened to its customers and integrated Mac OS X and Safari support into its new e-filing system,” Susan Prescott Apple’s vice president of Pro Markets, told Macworld. “Innovators around the world use Macs.”


Now, apparently, the Mac support not only exists - it is better than the Microsoft Windows support. This is not due to a flaw in Microsoft Windows, but rather the superior support for PDF files that the Macintosh enjoys.




Technorati Tags:
,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news