Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Running Ant tasks in Maven 2

Larry Williams has written a helpful article for those who have made the jump to Maven 2 from Maven 1 or ANT to automate their Java project builds.

Running Ant tasks in Maven 2:
Running Ant tasks in Maven 2 is completely different from Maven 1. In Maven 1 you could define the Ant tasks in maven.xml and run them as easily as any other Maven task. In Maven 2 this has changed, I would say for the worse. Maven 2 no longer has a maven.xml and requires that everything is a plugin.


Luckily we do not have to write our own plugin as Maven 2 already has an Ant plugin called antrun. The problem is that the documentation is not that helpful. It does not provide any quick examples.


Thankfully, Larry does.
Technorati tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news