Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Firefox global market share steady

Firefox global market share steady:



Xiti Monitor (a french web analysis firm) has released it latest report (fr) (English version provided by Google Translate) on web browser utilization around the globe. Rises in South America, Asia and Africa are balanced with slight decreases in North America and Europe, while Oceania remains the same.



(Via mozilla links.)



It looks like 15 percent of the users in the US have switched to Firefox from whatever browser they were using before. In Europe, according to the study, a handful of countries have 25 to 30 percent of their web users using Firefox.

Pretty good news! This validates a lot of the work that went into defining the W3 standards, and then most vendors going ahead and adopting them.

There is still a lot of work to be done on the software side of things but at least there is a target. And, it looks like closing in on that target pays off!


Technorati Tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news