Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Green Ruby Programmer

I have decided to shift to writing my posts about Ruby to a new weblog.

The new blog, in case you are interested is called Green Ruby Programmer. For the time being, I think that is an apt description of where I stand. The title does not seem to be in use by other programmers at the time, so it looks like it will be distinctly mine too.

My rationale for diverting my Ruby-related posts to another blog are several fold:
  1. I am posting a lot about Ruby at the moment, as it is the only computer language I am in the process of learning at this time.
  2. I need a journal that I can record things about Ruby as I learn them.
  3. Blogspot/Blogger.com does not support tagging posts with categories. This is a heavy handed way to do it but it is far more convenient than the makeshift solution of using Technorati tags or some other trick.
  4. It is far less work than devising my own tagging scheme and writing my own blogging client for Blogspot.
  5. Having a separate blog will make it easier for me to find my posts on the subject of Ruby, Ruby technology, and Ruby idioms.


So, for the time being, postings on the subject of Ruby here are going to plummet.

If this works out, my postings on Python and Java may soon follow its example - and get tossed into their own blogs as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news