Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Technorati Help: Tags

Hey, I just came across some very cool things at the Technorati web site. I know his feature has been there for a long time. However, it just did not sink into me until now.

I use the technorati tags on some of my blog posts so that I can organize my blog and find stuff I have written, based on the topic. It is handy for me.

I either copy the anchor tags from another blog entry, copy-and-modify an existing tag URL, or use MarsEdit to help me generate them.

But I have always used tag URLs that pointed to Technorati's server. It never occurred to me to use any that pointed to some other social web servers. I see now that you can do that, and it seems pretty cool.

Technorati Help:
If your blog software doesn't support categories or you're not sure, you can still participate. To associate a post with a Technorati Tag all you have to do is tag your post by including a special link in the body of your post. For example:



The [tagname] can be anything, but it should be descriptive. Please only use tags that are relevant to the post. You do not need to include the brackets, just the descriptive keyword for your post. Just make sure to include rel="tag".

You do not have to link to Technorati. You can link to any web page that ends in a tag - even your own site! For example, these tag links would also be included:





Technorati tags: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger John Collins said...

I figured that would happen. Sometimes blogging and web clients in general just suck.

No automatic escaping of the less-than/greater-than symbols took place. I did not do it manually myself either.

So the content got messed up. Just look at the page cited for now. I will fix this later. Sorry.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news