Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Emo Programming: Beyond agile and pragmatic (Loud Thinking)

The man who brought us the internationally famous Ruby On Rails framework that implements the ActiveRecord design pattern in Ruby, now as something extra special for us.

It is a new programming methodology. A whole new paradigm for software development, really.

He calls it: Emo Programming - and describes it as.... Beyond agile and pragmatic.

David Heinemeier Hansson (Loud Thinking)

This is a unique chance to escape such silly constraints as "the best tool for the job" or simply be about "getting things done". As an Emo Programmerâ„¢, you're free to use arguments such as:
  • ...because I feel like it

  • ...because it makes me special

  • ...because I get to feel warm and fuzzy inside


Okay, uh.... I think I have seen more than a few guys use that methodology since the mid-1980s.


But it is pretty funny.

Technorati Tags:
,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news