Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sveinbjorn Thordarson's Website - Platypus

Platypus 3.3 has been released. It is available from Sveinbjorn Thordarson's Website - Platypus.

Platypus is a well-known open source program for the Macintosh, that turns command line shell programs and scripts into GUI applications.

It can converts headless programs in many languages into real Mac OS X applications.
  • shell scripts
  • Perl
  • Python
  • PHP
  • Ruby, Expect
  • Tcl
  • AppleScript


Making them full-blown applications allows them to accept files via drag-and-drop on the desktop, run as background applications, give GUI feedback like a progress bar or a text console window, and be associated with certain file types.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news