Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Apple - Mac OS X Leopard Sneak Peek - Xcode 3.0

Looks like Apple has cooked up a doozie of a new Xcode for Macintosh programmers.

Apple descibes Mac OS X Leopard Sneak Peek - Xcode 3.0:
Xcode 3.0 delivers the performance you%u2019ve been asking for as well as innovations that let you create stunning Mac applications more quickly, with more features. Enjoy a graphical IDE in which form focuses your functions. Delight in a debugger so groundbreaking, you%u2019ll make mistakes just to see it in action.

I do not think they are kidding on this last point. I could see myself inserting a bug into a program I was writing just to see how the debugger handled it. Not right before shipping, of course.

Speaking of shipping. Notice how they mention 2006 at the bottom of the page.

I wonder if that means Leopard will be shipping in 2006.

It will be interesting to see if Leopard slides out of its den right after Firefox 2.0 comes out and before the Vista-né-Longhorn OS comes out.

There will be more competing going on in 2007 than has been seen in over half a decade.

Cool!

By the way, the Xcode 3.0 on the page pointed to by the link above - it's free with Leopard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news