Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Encyclopedia Britannica Standardize on WebRenderer: Financial News - Yahoo!Finance

Encylopedia Britanica has picked an open source software component based on Mozilla web browser for its multimedia rendering needs.

The component they chose, WebRenderer sounds very capable. It lets them harness all of the following technogies in their world famous multimeida online encyclopeida: AJAX, CSS, DOM, HTML, Java, JavaScript, XML, XSLT

JadeLiquid Software PR:
The WebRenderer Java browser component tightly integrates into any
Java Desktop or Server application and provides standards compliant
rendering of web content across multiple platforms. WebRenderer being
the most standards compliant Java browser SDK supporting HTML 4.01,
SSL, JavaScript, CSS 1 & 2, XSL, XSLT, XML, DOM, AJAX etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news