Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Google Talk chat widget added to web bling in sidebar of this blog

Google Talk has a new feature which is a little chat widget that can be added to web pages, weblogs, etc.

It uses the most basic standard web technology: HTML.  So it should work fine in any modern web browser.

I am trying it out to see if it helps my friends stay in touch with me.  If demented webvertisers start pointing 'bots and sub-minimum wage flunkies at it to try to sell me services/products, then I think I will unplug it.

In the meantime, it will be an interesting an hopefully useful experiment.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news