Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

PC gives Mac a C++ GUI Programming Guide for Christmas 2007

The latest commercial from Apple features the PC and Mac characters exchanging Christmas gifts for 2006.

Mac gives PC a really nice hardcover photo album that he created from their ads with just a few clicks of the mouse.

PC, on the other hand, gives Mac a C++ GUI Programming Guide which he confides he had been eyeing for himself.

I enjoy most of these ads but this one really tickles my funny bone.

I programmed C++ software from 1991-1997, then switched to Java in late 1997. I got certified as a Java programmer in mid-1998.

While I have done a little C++ programming since then, I have only done it as part of a larger programming effort a team and I were doing to create a Java application.

All Java projects I have worked on since mid-2003 have been pure Java ones. There really is no call in IT work for non-Java code.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news