Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Delicious Library is a handy app for the Mac that can help organize your library

If you have a Macintosh and a big library (books, music, DVDs, video games), check out Delicious Library (shareware $40) for for the Apple Mac.

It runs on Mac OS X and makes it easy to catalog all of your books.

It will use your Mac’s iSight cam to scan the UPC barcode. Or you can type in the UPC code, the IBSN number, or the title.

It is pretty fun.

It even comes with a handy Dashboard widget with a mini version of your bookshelf and a search field, so you can find stuff fast.

I just now tried the widget, and it is fast – plus, the animation looks really neat: a spotlight plays across the empty shelf, and then the books swiftly slide in from the left side.

The application itself is just amazing. It lets you enter lots of information about each book, holds an image of it which is displayed on a virtual bookshelf, and has lots of other cool features.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news