Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Intel Corp. to cut 10,500 jobs - Yahoo! News

The same year that Apple computer completely converted its entire product line from PowerPC CPUs to Intel CPUs, Intel has announced it will make massive cuts of its workforce.

Ten percent of the companies workers will go.

Although such announcements usually cause a short term rise in a company's stock, this time Intel's stock price did the opposite. It dropped.

Intel's stock price has not been going that well overall for the past year.

Jordon Robertson, AP writer:
ntel said Tuesday it will eliminate 10,500 jobs %u2014 about 10 percent of its work force %u2014 through layoffs, attrition and the sale of underperforming business groups as part of a massive restructuring
Technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news