Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Yahoo! Developer Network - Python Developer Center

I like Python a lot. Python and Ruby are my two favorite programming languages. I have been using Python off and on for almost a decade.

It is very handy for working with text files, and I find I have to do that a lot. Not all the time but kind of in bursts.

Also, it is a very handy way to automate things I need to do with databases, display some info, create/modify some test data.

There are other ways to do it but I have found Python very convenient. Since there is a Java implementation, Jython, it can use JDBC drivers for instance.

Well, it is not exactly a secret that Yahoo and Google have parts of their systems written in Python.

Now Yahoo has created a Python Developer Center as part of their Yahoo Developer Network site.

Yahoo! Developer Network - Python Developer Center

It is nice to see that Yahoo's site to help programmers use their site better. The more creative Python programmers out there are probably already tooling some new things to make it easier to access Yahoo.

Technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news