Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Google hiring programmers to work across the US

I just looked at a Google Job Openings ad, which incidentally, was advertised by something that looked liked a Google AdSense ad - and, boy - are they hiring.

I always presume that all Google Jobs are in California, all tightly packed in one town, even.

They are not.

They stretch from coast to coast across the US and there is a link on the page cited below that indicates if you click it you will see jobs available from Google that are outside the United States too.

The jobs are pretty diverse. For the most part, they are not surprising. They do drive home the fact that Google is not a one OS company or even a one platform company.

They use a lot of languages, runtime platforms, and operating systems. Not tons maybe, but a lot more than just one of anything.

I really doubt Google will be known primarily as a web search company twenty years from now. I have no doubt they will still be around and highly respected for whatever they are doing at the time.

Software Engineering - California - Mountain View:
We have a broad range of Software Engineer positions available throughout the United States
Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news