Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Friday, August 18, 2006

del.icio.us gets a home page makeover

Probably most long-time, avid web users have heard of del.icio.us.

It is a so-called social website. I think the idea that bookmarking web pages is a social activity might be stretching the meaning of the word a bit.

I do think that it is a very handy site. And since I started using it a while back, they have added a lot of nice features to the site. Especially since Yahoo bought it.

They have a new home page. It is pretty nice. It shows some of the latest popular web pages. Both a thumbnail-sized photo of the page, its title/hyperlink, and its tags are shown. As well as, of course, the number of people who have bookmarked it.

For me, the biggest attractions of the site are that I can access my bookmarks from different browsers, and that I can tag each bookmark with various keywords, helping me find related pages very quickly.

Technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news