Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Dell and Apple Grounded by Cautious Virgin

Virgin airlines has apparently taken in the news of the burning batteries built by Sony and used in Apple and Dell laptops.

Since that sort of thing, while dangerous on the ground, could be orders of magnitude more serious 8 miles up in the sky, the airline is taking no chances with the well-being of its customers.

Virgin Atlantic Bans Dell, Apple Laptops | Hardware:
Amid a slew of incidents involving exploding Sony batteries, Virgin Atlantic announced that it won%u2019t allow passengers to carry any Apple or Dell laptops onto flights.
Virgin Atlantic Airlines announced yesterday that passengers with any Dell or Apple laptop will not be allowed to use a battery while on the flight.


I wonder if this problem is arising solely from overcharged lithium batteries or there are other causes.... ?

Technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news