Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

pirates for Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster

I just downloaded the Pirate translator from the Apple Dashboard top 50 list

Here is a quote that I typed in off the top of my head:

I wonder if you have read about the giant flying spaghetti monster. Did you know it is a theory that explains many of the mystical things about our universe, like science, that would otherwise be too complex to comprehend?


Not too impressive, is it?

Now, read the same quote after being run through the Pirate Translator widget that you can download for free to run on your Mac's Dashboard:

I wonder if ye 'ave read about th' giant flyin' spaghetti monster. Did ye know 'tis a theory that explains many o' th' mystical thin's about our universe, like science, that would otherwise be too complex t' comprehend?


That is a pretty clean translation. Read it carefully. Pretty good, no?

This great little widget from Pirate Monkeyness is just the thing to liven up the world.

It might not win any converts for the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster right away. But it is only a matter of time before it does, har, har.

One can now buy the Gospel of the FSM in bookstores, at Amazon books online, at Barnes and Noble, and elsewhere.

Another use for the Pirate Translator is to spice up new product announcements. Especially, if your target demographic is pirates!

Related pages & news