Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Why I recommend "Necroscope"

by Brian Lumley

If you like vampire stories but pure fantasy does not quite do it for you, the series this book kicks off is just for you.

The monsters are scary, venial, with rapacious appetites – and no, they are not the ones you hear about on the news. They are much worse.

They decimate populations, hobble civilizations, and arise from the pasts they were put down in – given half a chance by one of the living ...decades or centuries after their deaths.

Crossing their path comes Harry Keogh, the Necroscope.

Harry talks to the dead. Or rather they talk to him… and he talks back. He is the only one who can. They love him for it. But that does not mean he has an easy – or boring – life.

This is a really great novel and so are the ones that follow it in the series.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news