Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Ruby Book, Ruby Book - Where Art Thou, Ruby Book?

I was kind of stunned to discover this week that books about the Ruby programming language are in such short supply in Borders book stores.

It does not look like they have recently sold out to me. There are not "holes" left by recently removed books near the ones they do have.

What makes this seem even odder is a recent article I saw on the web that said that Ruby books had outsold Python books this year at O'Reilly. When I looked on the same shelves, I saw dozens of books covering the Python programming language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news