Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

MacTipsCafe.com - Dock Tips and Tricks

Nice trick! Command-click on a Macintosh OS X application's icon in the dock finds that application's file for you in the finder, opening its window if necessary - and selecting it for you.



Quite the little shortcut!



Here is more info on that:



MacTipsCafe.com - Dock Tips and Tricks:
Command-click application: opens the folder that holds that application
Technorati tags: ,


I made this discovery by accident this evening. I looked around on the web, and sure enough - it is a known feature on the Mac.



When I first moved up to OS X from PCs and old Macs in 2002, there were to many shortcuts to memorize everyone. So I just learned the basics and a few others along the way. I might have to go back and look at some of those keyboard/mouse shortcut lists again. There might be a couple more tricks I never picked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news