Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

MacDailyNews - Apple and Mac News - Welcome Home

The Apple Macintosh community is chortling over a recent article by PC Magazine. They are saying the price listed for a high end Macintosh is less than half what the magazine claimed it is.

MacDailyNews - Apple and Mac News - Welcome Home:
"'PC Magazine is flat-out wrong in pricing the PowerMac G5 Quad, and they should correct the error. You can buy a PowerMac G5 Quad for less than half the price they list, which means: For about the same as an equivalent PC, or somewhat less,' Leland Scott writes for Musings From Mars. 'The serious error here is that PC Magazine lists Apple’s Power Mac G5 Quad as costing . . . Guess! You’ll never guess how much they say it costs. Honestly.'



Scott writes, 'OK, I gotta spill the beans at some point. PC Magazine says a Quad costs $7,023 to $9,522!'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news