Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Friday, April 28, 2006

XForms and Internet Applications: Loosely Coupled Objects and Declarative Programming

Mark Birbeck blog on Loosely Coupled Objects and Declarative Programming hit the same nail on the head that I did earlier today. He however, hit it in November 2004.

Most programmers who were awake years or decades ago when they were taught their first object-oriented programming design lessons learned that declarative code was more concise than procedural code.

It is the difference between logical design and physical design, top-down design and spaghetti code, properly leveled complexity and a God Object.

Mark gives a concrete example and noodles around with it a bit in his post. He sums up by pointing out a fundamental flexibility that is there in the declarative model - but not the procedural approach.


Technorati tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news