Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"Learn Ruby" app

A neat looking program is out to help people Learn Ruby. It is a GUI program.

It combines an online copy of the first edition of Programming Ruby in the top pane with a running instance of the irb command in the bottom pane.

It only runs on the Mac, since it requires Mac OS X.
Pinup Geek:
Basically you have the Pickaxe book in the top half and an interactive ruby session below that. You get to do all sort of cool things like make bookmarks. It%u2019s mighty useful. Can someone make a SBCL/Lisp version please ?

Technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news