Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Apple now worth more than Dell


Apple Computer, Inc. is now worth more than Dell, Inc.

Yeah, it is true. As of Friday when the market closed before this weekend, Apple was worth about a hundred and sixty million more dollars (USD) than Dell.

Kind of reminds me of the story of the tortoise and the hare.

I guess Apple's lead will improve because, for the time being, people are going to be afraid to buy a Dell if they can't be sure Vista will run on it. Even Microsoft is not sure!

Read the text box in that article titled: Future-proofing for Microsoft's next OS. The scary thing is, that is not an old article. That article is dated January 2006 - this month!


"Microsoft claims it doesn't know what hardware will run the new operating system at full power, saying it likely won't know until at least summer 2006."


-- Computer Shopper


People know Mac OS X will run on a Mac though, don't they? Yep!!!

So, anyway, who is the number-one personal computer maker now? Apple!

Whatever you do, don't look here.


Technorati Tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news