Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Modified template on this blog today

The CSS that originally came with this weblog's template was really strange. It has been bugging me a while.

Finally, I could not take it anymore. So this evening I have finally changed it.

Now, my code samples will display with a dashed border around them, properly indented. Block quotes will display with a little gray revision-bar like marker to the left of them.

It looks like I need to get rid of the double-spacing of list items, too. I am going to save that for another time.

Usually, I like to leave things alone as much as possible. That way, if they ever make improvements, I can just grab them and run with them. In this case though, I just could not wait for that to happen.

I was tired of looking at other software savants' blogs and wistfully thinking, I wish mine looked that cool.

Mine still does not look that cool. But at least it does not look completely whack either.

It should look pretty decent once I am finished with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news