Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Firefox 1.5.0.2 released

I was pleasantly surprised tonight when I checked for an update to Firefox 1.5 to find that, in fact, there was one.

The big news for those people who want a Universal Binary for their Intel-based Macintosh is that they get one.

Looks like another one of John C. Dvorak was wrong once again with one of his dire predictions for the Macintosh imminent doom. Not only are their Universal Binaries out for hundreds or thousands of Mac applications already - Apple also released beta software to allow the Macintosh to dual boot between MS-Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). Apparently, this will be a standard feature in Mac OS X 10.5 - for anyone who cares to buy a retail copy of Microsoft's OS so they can install it.

All and all, a pretty good week for those people who have bought Intel-based Macintoshes.

Firefox 1.5 is the latest in a long line of OS X programs that run natively on both Intel and PowerPC processors - from the same binary application file.

Firefox 1.5.0.2 provides native support for Macintosh with Intel Core processors, and stability and security enhancements that are part of our ongoing program to provide a safe Internet experience for our customers. We recommend that all users upgrade to this latest version.


read more | digg story



Technorati Tags:
,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news