Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Rails for Designers

Kevin Clark, a programminer in San Diego, has written a nice, simple introduction to the Ruby On Rails framework, and posted it to his weblog.

It is direct, straight-forward overview of the key facets of a Ruby On Rails application.

Here is a good summary of his, from the post itself.

Rails for Designers:
This is for designers who are going to be working with Rails and is intended to give them a good starting point to jump into work with a Rails developer. This is all introductory material. As such, I cover some basics (MVC, locations of files) and move from there to a code example and more advanced topics (partials, ActionView helpers).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news