Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Microsoft Delays Windows Vista Release to 2007

NPR reported this morning that Microsoft announced there will be no Microsoft Vista for consumers in 2006. Instead, they will have to wait until January 2007.

Microsoft Delays Windows Vista Release to 2007:
Microsoft won't offer the consumer release of its new Windows operating system until January 2007.


Not a huge shocker because Longhorn was delayed so many times that after a couple years, they changed the name to Vista.

Spanning more than five years, the upgrade from Windows XP to Vista has taken longer than any other personal computer OS update in history. That is going back to when these type of computers arrived in the mid 1970s!

Apple has always updated their OS at least once every couple of years.

Other personal computers did the same in the 1970s and 1980s. The only reason for going more than several years until now was - the company was not in business anymore!

Technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news