Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Rails 1.1: Release Candidate 1 available

Ruby On Rails 1.1 is nearing completion. The first release candidate came out for it this week. Many improvements have been made since Ruby On Rails 1.0 went final late last year.

Here is the announcement of the 1.1 RC1 from the Ruby On Rails weblog.

Rails 1.1: Release Candidate 1 available:
It%u2019s been roughly three months since the release of the big one-oh. That%u2019s obviously an eternity in Rails time, so its about high time we%u2019re getting ready for the release for 1.1. And boy, is this an exciting upgrade!


I do believe this is the biggest upgrade to Rails we%u2019ve ever done. We have recorded about 500 fixes, tweaks, and new features in the changelogs. That%u2019s a lot and that%u2019s just counting major new features like RJS as one.


Seems pretty exciting.

I am really looking forward to the release of Java JDK 1.6 too. It is not quite as imminent. I really hope they finish it soon enough so that it can be included in Mac OS X 10.5.

Technorati tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news