Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Friday, April 28, 2006

XForms and Internet Applications: XForms: An Executable Pattern Language

Last Fall, Mark Birbeck (XForms guru) made an excellent post to his blog that shows one of the huge advantages of XForms over, say, using Javascript to do Ajax programming.

The XForms is short as heck. It requires less baggage too. Whereas the Ajax solution requires the application to use a huge amount of Javascript code; either built-in, or from third-party source(s).

Mark Birbeck:
As I said, it looks like what I'm saying is that XForms is better than script. I have to say that if that were all we'd achieved with XForms then I'd be pleased, but a lot less vocal. XForms has actually provided us with something far more significant--we now have something close to a pattern language, but one that thinks it's a programming language.
Technorati tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news