Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Red Sweater Blog - Learn Python

This program is a Python counterpart to the last one I blogged about, Learn Ruby.

Red Sweater Blog:
Learn Python is a simple Mac OS X application (GNU License, source included) that puts a web browser and terminal window into one application. The web browser points at the aforementioned Python tutorial on the web, and it remembers the last URL you went to, so you can trust it to remember which chapter you were at when you last quit.

It sounds kind of cool,. Hopefully, the optional but oh-so-necessary Readline support has been built in.

By the way, the NodeBox software it mentions looks awesome from its description.
Technorati tags: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Jalkut said...

Hi there! This is the author of Learn Python. Just thought I'd burst your bubble about the "readline support" question. The bad news is I don't "compile that in," but the good news is I don't compile any python in. I just run the standard one from your system. If you install a better python, the app will use it. You can also tweak the app's resources so that it points to a python (or any other shell tool) path of your choosing.

Enjoy!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news