Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Check that Java version!

After you get your browser updated to the latest version, it is a good idea to check and see if your browser is using the latest Java version.

This is pretty easy to do. Take a look at the the image below. That shows what a version check looks like.



Click on that image. It will take you to a page with a link to the web page that runs the Java version number reporting applet in your web browser.

That will let you know if Java is enabled on your browser, and if so - what version your browser is using.

It is possible, easy in fact, to have more than one version of Java installed on your computer. The one your browser is using will be one of them. However, it might not be the latest Java version among them. There are various reasons for this.

So this testing page is very useful. It is a very, very handy web page to save a bookmark too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news