Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Intel Posts Sharp Fall in Profit - New York Times

Intel announced yesterday that their quarterly profits had dropped by over a third!

Competition from CPU-maker AMD is cited as the reason, as well as a slow down in purchases of PCs. Apple is one PC vendor which has not defected from the Intel camp for any of its products yet. Maybe Apple's rising sales rates converted with the steady adoption of their Intel-based Mac/PCs will help offset Intel's losses. Probably a couple quarters before they would feel that.

Intel Posts Sharp Fall in Profit - New York Times:
Intel, the world's largest chip maker, reported a 38 percent decline in quarterly profit Wednesday in the face of stiff competition from Advanced Micro Devices and a general slowdown in the personal computer market that caused inventories to swell.
Technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news