Johnny's Software Saloon

Weblog where I discuss things that really interest me. Things like Java software development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macintosh software, Cocoa, Eclipse IDE, OOP, content management, XML technologies, CSS and XSLT document styling, artificial intelligence, standard document formats, and cool non-computing technologies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Maryland, United States

I like writing software, listening to music (mostly country and rock but a little of everything), walking around outside, reading (when I have the time), relaxing in front of my TV watching my TiVo, playing with my cat, and riding around in my hybrid gas/electric car.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

SVG in Mozilla Firefox

I stumbled across a terrific page about using SVG in Mozilla Firefox today.

SVG - MDC:
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an XML markup language for describing two-dimensional vector graphics. Basically SVG is to graphics what XHTML is to text.

SVG is similar in scope to Macromedia's proprietary Flash technology, But what distinguishes SVG from Flash, is that it is a W3C recommendation (i.e. a standard for all intents and purposes) and that it is XML-based as opposed to a closed binary format. It is explicitly designed to work with other W3C standards such as CSS, DOM and SMIL.



I am kind of wondering if the current version of Mozilla Thunderbird, 1.5.0.2, can display SVG.

If anyone knows if it can, please leave a comment here in my blog.

If you can leave some links to some place that describes how to get SVG into messages being composed in Thunderbird, please do. Also, tips on how to construct a MIME message (or whatever) containing XHTML with embedded SVG would be greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages & news